SilverStripe CMS & FrameworkFree Consultation Sign up today!
SilverStripe is an outstanding CMS designed to hit the sweet spot where content editors, managers, graphic designers, and site developers can all do their best work. At Quinn Interactive, we’ve adopted SilverStripe wholeheartedly, because we can efficiently adapt it to our clients’ needs, then confidently hand off the site to our clients. We know their experience managing and editing the site in the SilverStripe CMS will be excellent.
Why you’ll love SilverStripe
- SilverStripe “gets” data. Silverstripe understands relational databases. That means SilverStripe makes it easy to manage the information your site is showing off, so you enter content once, and let intelligent pages fetch and display that content however you need to. What’s more, your visitors will have no trouble searching, filtering, and sifting through the site so they can find exactly what they’re looking for.
- Developer effectiveness. Because our developers love how SilverStripe’s framework works the way they work, you’re going to get great results as we customize SilverStripe. As you discover new capabilities you need your site to have, you’ll be confident that we or your own developers can bring them forth.
- Administration panel. Non-technical people are the ones who have to work with SilverStripe every day, so SilverStripe’s administration panel uses terms you and your editors know and understand. Administrative options include everything you’d expect, plus access control, content versioning, and web CMS usage reporting.
- Staging environment. Unlike many other CMS tools, SilverStripe supports a stage environment as well as a live one.
- Editing environment. SilverStripe has the best editor interface we’ve seen. Editors can enter content and easily add and reorder pages with intuitive drag-and-drop tools. The controls for the rich text editor are recognizable and easy to use.
Why our developers love SilverStripe
- Model-view-controller (MVC) design pattern. SilverStripe’s underlying framework is much like Ruby on Rails, but for PHP. Apart from enabling us to extend and enhance the functionality of the CMS and the website, it is a great tool for building web applications from the ground up.
- Reliable. Scalable. Maintainable. The 2008 Democratic National Convention’s website was built on SilverStripe. It responded to a huge amount of traffic and as far as we know is the only open-source CMS reviewed by the FBI. The MVC design patterns means SilverStripe development goes well with modern open-source workflows and development tools like the version control system git.
- Open source. SilverStripe runs anywhere PHP runs. For databases, you have a choice of MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MS SQL Server. It’s free to download, and the code is freely available under the liberal BSD license.
- Active developer community. SilverStripe continues to evolve to become even better. SilverStripe Ltd. and a host of developers from around the world are collaborating to make improvements in the best tradition of open source software.
- Free stuff! SilverStripe comes with loads of already built capabalitites, like asset management, image resizing, SEO-friendly URLs, multilingual support, metadata management, automatic site-map generation, full-text search, RSS feeds, custom feedback forms, and much more.
- Modules. Many large pieces of website functionality have been pre-built, including blogs, e-commerce, external authentication (LDAP, Active Directory, OpenID, etc.), Flickr galleries, forums, Google maps, Technorati, and YouTube galleries.
Quinn Interactive, Inc. is an official certified SilverStripe partner
This strategic alliance means that when QI works on your SilverStripe-based web CMS or web application implementation, we do so with the full backing and technical support of SilverStripe’s headquarters in New Zealand.
You can learn more about our partnership with SilverStripe here:
If you would like to learn how Quinn Interactive can help you with your website, give us a call at (415) 296-9000. Or fill out our Free Consultation form and we’ll contact you right away.